- 1/2 pound orecchiette
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or very finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves stripped and very finely chopped (1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 head radicchio
Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it and cook the pasta to al dente.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the orange marmalade, garlic, oregano, mustard and vinegar. Stream the EVOO into the dressing while whisking, then season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Pull off eight of the outer leaves of the radicchio. Form serving cups for the pasta salad out of the leaves, using two leaves to form each "bowl." Chop the remaining radicchio. Toss the radicchio, pasta and chopped onion with the dressing to combine. Serve the pasta in the lettuce bowls.