- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 apple, such as Granny Smith, cut into 12 slices
- 8 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 sandwich-size English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 leaves red- or green-leaf lettuce
In a bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, parsley, grill seasoning and poultry seasoning. Form into four patties, pressing your thumb into the center of each to prevent it from bulging.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, two turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 6 minutes on each side for medium. Top each with three apple slices and two cheese slices, tent the pan with foil and cook until the cheese melts, 1-2 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce and mustard; slather on the muffin tops. Pile two lettuce leaves on each muffin bottom, top with the patties and set the muffin tops into place.