- 1 pound spinach fettuccine
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock or chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus some to pass at table
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (a generous handful)
In a large pot, bring water for the pasta to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook to al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons of carrot and zucchini by keeping the vegetables flat on the counter and running the peeler along the length of the vegetable. Drop the carrots and zucchini into the pasta water for the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat with the EVOO and butter. Sauté the shallots and garlic for 3-4 minutes, then add the peas and heat through, 2 minutes. Stir in the wine, reduce for 30 seconds and stir in the stock. Toss the drained pasta and vegetables with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and combine with the cheese and parsley.