- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 sprigs tarragon, leaves removed and chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends discarded, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 pound deli-sliced French ham, cut into very thin strips
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced Swiss cheese, cut into very thin strips
- Romaine lettuce, for serving
- Crackers or a loaf of crusty bread, for serving
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, vinegar and garlic. Add the EVOO in a steady stream while whisking, then add the tarragon, salt and pepper to finish the dressing.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and toss well to coat.
Serve over lettuce with crackers or crusty bread alongside.