- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- One 3-inch piece lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6-8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked through for shells
- 16-20 shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain.
In a small saucepan, bring the cream, lemon peel and saffron to a low boil over medium-low heat. Turn off the heat and let the saffron steep for 10 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat the butter and EVOO, one turn of the pan, over medium heat. Stir in the shallot and garlic for 1 minute, then add the crabmeat and shrimp; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink and just firm, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the wine.
Discard the lemon from the cream and pour over the seafood. Stir in the cayenne and turmeric. Add the pasta and toss. Top with the parsley.