- 2 cups jasmine rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon wok oil or light colored oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small to medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 20 leaves fresh sweet basil, torn
Place the rice on the stovetop to cook.
Cut the chicken on an angle across the breast into thin strips. Cut strips across into bite-size pieces. Set chicken aside. Wash your hands and the cutting board after handling the raw poultry.
When the rice is 6-7 minutes away from being done, begin your stir fry. Heat a wok, wok-shaped skillet or large nonstick skillet over high heat. When the pan smokes, add wok or light cooking oil and the hot chili oil. Sprinkle in the crushed red pepper flakes. Add the chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add onion, red bell peppers and garlic and stir fry for 1-2 more minutes. Add the fish sauce, two turns of the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and add the basil. Toss the chicken and veggies until basil wilts.
Serve chicken and peppers with the prepared rice.