- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1 large plum tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 slices stale bread, torn
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped, plus 1 sprig
- A few parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 filets of red snapper (6-8-ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flour, for dredging
Place peppers and coarsely chopped tomato in food processor with bread, pine nuts, garlic, rosemary, chopped parsley and vinegar. Turn processor on and stream in 1/4-1/3 cup EVOO to form a thick sauce.
Place 2 tablespoons EVOO into a shallow sauté pan and add the rosemary sprig. This will infuse the oil before adding the fish.
Season snapper with salt and pepper and score skin side with cross hatches. Dredge the fish in flour and cook in the rosemary-infused EVOO for 7-8 minutes until crispy and golden on both sides. Serve fish in a pool of the sauce.