- 1 1/2 pounds firm eggplant (2-3 small eggplants), halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted, divided
- 2 bags pita crisps, any flavor, such as Stacy's brand
Turn the broiler on high.
Brush the cut eggplant with EVOO on the flesh side; drizzle the EVOO over the skin side. Season the eggplant with salt and pepper. Place flesh-side down on a nonstick baking sheet and leave under the broiler 4-5-inches from heat until the skin is charred and the flesh is very tender, 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
Scoop out the eggplant flesh into a food processor. Paste the garlic with some salt, mashing it with the side of your knife. Add the garlic paste and the lemon juice to the food processor. Add the parsley and tahini paste to the food processor and process until smooth. Adjust the salt, to taste, then transfer the dip to a bowl and stir in half the pine nuts. Garnish with the remaining nuts. Surround the dip with pita crisps and serve.