- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika (1/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (eyeball it)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (eyeball it)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- Salt and pepper
- 3 disposable pie tins, for breading
Heat 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. A cube of bread should brown in a count to 40 when the oil is ready.
Set out three disposable pie tins. Mix flour with paprika, poultry seasoning, cayenne and allspice. Divide seasoned flour between two of the tins. Pour buttermilk into the third tin. Line up tins as follows: flour, buttermilk and then flour again.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in flour, then buttermilk, then a second coating of flour.
Cook chicken six minutes on each side, until deep golden brown and firm. Drain chicken on paper bags and cool before packing up for your lunchbox or picnic basket.