- 16 bamboo skewers
- 3 lemons, juiced, 2 zested, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 chicken tenders, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 cups Greek style yogurt
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Soak the skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
Pre-heat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Combine the zest and juice of two of the lemons and the oregano, red pepper flakes and EVOO in a dish. Paste the garlic by mashing it with coarse salt, then add three-quarters of it to the marinade, reserving some for the dipping sauce. Add the chicken tenders to the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Turn in the marinade to coat, then let stand 10 minutes. Thread the tenders on the damp skewers and cook for 7-8 minutes, turning once, until firm and the juices run clear.
While the skewers cook, combine the yogurt with the juice of the remaining lemon, the remaining garlic and the grated cucumber, cumin and salt, to taste. Divide the dip among four ramekins.
Serve four skewers per person with dipping sauce alongside.