- 2 scallions, whites and greens, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (eyeball it)
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 8 pieces chicken breast cutlets (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (eyeball it)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup light extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) or vegetable oil
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
Combine the scallions, white wine and two tablespoons cream in a saucepan over medium heat and reduce to 1/4 cup liquid, about 5-6 minutes.
While the sauce is cooking, beat egg in a large bowl and set chicken into it. In a food processor, add almonds, bread crumbs, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste; grind to combine. Cover a plate with plastic wrap to make for easy clean up after breading and pour almond and bread crumb mixture onto it. Remove chicken from the egg and coat in the bread crumb mixture.
Pre-heat oven to 250°F.
Heat three tablespoons EVOO or vegetable oil, about three turns of the pan, in a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add cutlets and cook three minutes on each side. Transfer cutlets to an oven-safe plate; cover with foil and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Whisk two tablespoons cream into the sauce, a splash. Lower the heat on the sauce and whisk the butter into the pot until it has incorporated. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place two cutlets on each dinner plate and spoon a little beurre blanc sauce over top of the cutlets.