- 2 McIntosh or Gala apples, peeled and cut into small dice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pounds ground all-white-meat turkey or a mix of dark and white meat
- 3-4 ribs of celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 large egg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
In a large bowl, add the apples and lemon juice and toss together. Add the turkey, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, egg, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
In a medium size bowl, add the stock and the stuffing. Toss around, letting the stuffing soak up the liquid, then add it to the bowl with the turkey. Mix everything together well, then turn it out onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and shape it into a loaf. Coat with EVOO, transfer to the oven and roast until brown and cooked through, about an hour.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.