- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (don't forget over the shoulder as well)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (this makes it smell great when cookies are opened)
- 1 small package chocolate chips
- 1 small package butterscotch chips
- 1 small package peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon rum (the heat of the shipping keeps the cookies soft with the rum addition)
- 2 eggs (LARGE)
- 2 cups oats (don't go cheap on the oats because they seem to clunk with the batter)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cans coconut (shredded and fresh from the can) (Fresh is always better.)
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans.
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Cream butter and sugars together. Add all the spices and continue to cream. Add eggs.
Mix together flour, salt and soda. Add to butter mixture.
When this is thoroughly mixed then add vanilla, rum, oats, coconut and chips. Add nuts in last. Mix well by hand.
Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
I bake for 12 minutes because I don't like them too crunchy, but your oven and personal taste decides this.
Shipping instructions: I wrap two cookies together in foil for shipping. If you like bigger cookies, wrap one. I do this to protect the cookies from crumbling together, and it also makes them easier to keep and to share with others. And of course they stay fresher in a hot-dry climate...and keeps the sand out.