- 1/2 pound orzo
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small to medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces), drained
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook to al dente.
Heat the EVOO in a skillet, add the zucchini, onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for 6-7 minutes until tender; add the chickpeas and heat through. Toss with the herbs, orzo and cheese, then adjust the salt and pepper and serve.