- 1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)
- 2 ounces cayenne pepper sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot brand
- 1/4 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 rib celery, from the tender heart of stalk, cut into chunks
- A few sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wedges or fresh lime for garnish
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse-grind until a thick, but smooth, soup is formed. Chill until ready to serve.
Serve in chilled glasses or bowls, garnished with fresh lime.