Israeli Spice Rub:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika (1 1/2 palmfuls)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin (1 1/2 palmfuls)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (1/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (1/3 palmful)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (medium-hot in spice level)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt (1/2 palmful)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2-2 pounds), split into 8 pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Warm pita or flat bread, for passing
For the spice rub, combine the paprika, cumin, oregano, coriander, crushed red pepper flakes and kosher salt in a bowl. Place in a sealable jar; keep in a cool dry place for up to six months.
Place chicken in a shallow dish. Drizzle with EVOO to barely coat the meat. Rub chicken liberally with four tablespoons of the spice blend. Let stand 10 minutes.
Grill chicken 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.