- 2 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups pork or chicken stock (32 ounces)
- 1 small bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 3-4 ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 rounded tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon celery seed (optional)
- A generous handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cover the potatoes with the stock and enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes for 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain the potatoes and place them back in the hot pot.
Combine the scallions, celery, vinegar, sugar, horseradish and EVOO in a small bowl. Pour over the hot potatoes to absorb.
Season the salad with celery seed, dill, salt and pepper. Toss to serve.