- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot brand
- 4 flatbread rounds
- 3 ribs celery from the heart, sliced thinly on the bias
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
Pre-heat the oven to 450ºF.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Season the chicken pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add them to the pre-heated skillet. Sauté until cooked through and golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
Once the chicken is done cooking, reduce the heat to medium and add the butter to the skillet to melt. Add the hot sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and coats the chicken, 2-3 minutes. (Be careful not to take a deep breath over the pan or the hot sauce fumes could burn your sinuses!)
When the chicken is ready, place the flatbread rounds on a baking sheet and divide the chicken equally between all four rounds. Scatter the celery over the chicken and top each round with some blue cheese crumbles. Bake until the bread is crisped and the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.