- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into small dice
- 3 stalks celery, cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 McIntosh, Gala or Golden Delicious apple, cut into small dice
- 1 can chickpeas (15.5 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Place a medium, high-sided pot over medium-high heat with a 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and cook in the hot pan until golden brown and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and reserve.
To the same pot the chicken was cooked in, add the onion, celery and curry powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5-6 minutes. Add the apples, chickpeas, reserved chicken and 2 cups of water to the pan. Bring up to a boil and sprinkle the couscous over the pan. Give everything a good stir then cover the pan, remove it from the heat and let sit to cook the couscous, about 5 minutes.
Just before serving, give everything a good stir and garnish with the cilantro.