- 2 large or 3 medium Idaho potatoes
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 slices smoky bacon, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 rounded tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Freshly ground black pepper
Peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks. Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil; salt the water and boil for 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot pot.
While the potatoes cook, heat a small skillet with a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high heat. Brown the bacon, then drain and reserve.
Mash the potatoes with bacon, sour cream, horseradish and pepper.