- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boxes chopped frozen spinach, defrosted
- A few grates nutmeg
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Chopped chives, for garnish
Place the cream in a small pot and reduce by half by gently simmering for 20 minutes.
Heat a medium size skillet with EVOO over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and sauté until translucent, 6-7 minutes.
Drain the spinach by wringing it dry in a clean kitchen towel. Separate the spinach with your hands and add it to the onion and garlic. Season the spinach with nutmeg, then stir in the reduced cream. Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pre-heat the broiler.
Trim the tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Stuff the tomatoes with creamed spinach and top each with 1/4 cup blue cheese. Broil to brown the cheese. Garnish the tomatoes with chives.