- 1 thick rib-eye or bone in Delmonico steak (3-inch), about 1 1/2 pounds (24 ounces)
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for coating and liberal drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2- 3 sprigs fresh oregano or marjoram
- 2 lemon wedges
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and the oven to 375°F.
Coat meat in EVOO, season with pepper then throw a rosemary sprig into pan and set steak on top. Caramelize the meat evenly on both sides then transfer to oven until cooked to desired doneness, 7-8 minutes for medium-rare.
Drizzle a carving board with EVOO place steak on board. Let steak rest then thinly slice against the grain and dress the thinly sliced meat with olive oil, herbs and salt, tossing with tongs to combine. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.