- 8 slices smoky bacon
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces shredded or sliced extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley (a generous handful), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chives (a generous handful), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh dill (a generous handful), finely chopped
- 4 crusty Kaiser rolls, split
- 1 bunch watercress or arugula, chopped
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
In a medium size bowl, combine the sirloin, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Form into four patties.
Heat the bacon fat in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef patties and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes for medium doneness. Melt the cheese on top of the patties during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl, combine the sour cream, parsley, chives, dill and lots of pepper.
Place the cheeseburgers on the roll bottoms and top each burger with two slices of bacon and some watercress. Slather the bun tops with the sour cream sauce and set into place.