- Two boxes frozen artichoke hearts (9 ounce each), thawed and quartered
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
In a bowl, toss the artichokes with the flour to coat.
In a medium size ovenproof skillet, heat the EVOO, four turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the artichokes and fry until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cream, cheese, parsley and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over the artichokes and cook until just set.
Transfer the frittata to the oven and bake until set and golden, 10-12 minutes. Let cool, then slice into quarters and serve with the lemon wedges.