- 1/2 pound orzo, regular or whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (about a handful)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fill a large pot with water and place over high heat to boil the pasta. When the water reaches a bubble, season it with a pinch of salt and drop in the pasta. Cook to al dente, according to the package directions, then drain and reserve.
When the pasta is ready, place a large skillet over medium heat with the butter. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until aromatic and tender, about 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and parsley to the pan, season with pepper and toss to thoroughly combine.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.