- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup prosciutto, finely diced
- 1/4 cup salami, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
Pre-heat the oven to 400˚F.
In a large bowl, mix the ricotta with one egg yolk and the garlic, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, prosciutto, salami, salt and ground black pepper.
Dust a clean work surface with some flour. Divide the pizza dough into six balls. Roll out each dough ball to about 6 inches in diameter. Divide the filling among each dough circle, leaving a half-inch rim around the edge.
In a small bowl, whisk up the remaining egg with a little bit of water. Using a pastry brush, brush the rim of each filled dough circle, then fold in half to form a half-moon shape. Pinch the sides gently to secure the filling inside the calzones.
Place the calzones onto a baking sheet. Add the confectioners' sugar to the remaining egg wash and brush the top of each calzone and cut three slits into the top of each one. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve with a green salad alongside.