- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 pound deli-sliced roast beef or leftover steak, sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 large “burrito-size” flour tortillas
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the onion and pepper to the pan, and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
Add the meat to the pan and continue cooking until cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat. Divide the mixture between the four tortillas and place 2 slices of cheese inside each. Fold it like you’re wrapping up a present.
Wipe the pan out with a paper towel and return it to medium heat. Place the folded pockets into the pan and cook until toasted golden brown and heated through, 2-3 minutes per side.