- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped into a paste or grated
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4-5 Greek hot peppers, chopped
In a large salad bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, EVOO and some salt and pepper.
Add the cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, parsley and onion to bowl and toss to coat. Garnish with the olives and hot peppers.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization,