- 4 1-inch thick fresh tuna steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (about 2 tablespoons), leaves stripped from stem
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Coarse salt and black pepper or grill seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for cooking
Rinse and pat tuna steaks dry. Place lemon zest on top of cutting board. Pile rosemary and parsley leaves on top of zest. Pile garlic and some coarse salt and black pepper or grill seasoning on top of herbs. Finely chop the garlic, herbs and spices. Drizzle EVOO over the tuna steaks – just enough to coat each side. Rub herb and garlic mixture into fish, coating pieces evenly on each side. Let stand 10 minutes.
Grill tuna steaks 6 minutes on each side for well done, or 4 minutes on each side if you prefer pink tuna at the center. Cook steaks over high setting on indoor electric grill; medium-high heat on outdoor gas grill; or 6 inches from hot, prepared charcoal.