- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1/2 pound bulk pork breakfast sausage, removed from casings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh oregano, choppe
- 4 pieces refrigerated biscuit dough, such as Pillsbury
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and oregano and cook, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until just browned, about 5 minutes. Drain the drippings and let cool.
Grease a 9-inch pie pan with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon EVOO. Place one piece of biscuit dough into a large sealable plastic bag and, using a rolling pin, roll it out into an 1/8-inch-thick disk. Remove the dough from the bag and transfer it to the prepared pie pan. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces, pinching the pieces together in the pan to form a crust.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked sausage, onion, feta and olives; spread the mixture evenly over the crust.
In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, milk and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture and bake until set, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.