- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, wiped with damp cloth
- Grill seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus 1 tablespoon cut into small dice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ribs celery from heart of stalk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons crab boil seasoning, such as Old Bay brand, or 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning plus 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 tub lump crabmeat (6 ounces), available at the seafood counter or fresh seafood section at the grocery store
- 3 slices white bread, toasted
- 1 cup chicken stock
- A handful chopped parsley leaves
- 1 bag mixed baby greens (8 ounces), any brand or variety
- 1 rounded tablespoon lemon curd, available near jams and jellies
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon style mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Heat a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour EVOO into a small dish. Using a pastry brush, coat mushroom caps with EVOO. Grill 10 minutes, until tender, and season with grill seasoning blend.
Meanwhile, pre-heat a medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add remaining EVOO (leftover from brushing mushroom caps) to skillet and combine with two tablespoons butter. Melt butter into EVOO and add bay leaf and chopped vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and crab boil seasoning or poultry seasoning and paprika. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add hot sauce to vegetables.
Run your fingers through the crab to make sure there are no pieces of shell in the meat. Break up crabmeat with fingertips and mix into veggies.
Butter toasted bread with remaining one tablespoon of diced butter. Add toast to veggies and moisten stuffing with chicken stock. Adjust seasonings. Top cooked portobello caps with stuffing. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve alongside greens.
Place mixed baby greens into a bowl. Make the dressing: in a smaller bowl, combine lemon curd with vinegar and mustard using a whisk. Whisk in EVOO in a slow stream and season dressing with salt and pepper, to your taste. Toss with greens to coat, or serve alongside.