- 4 medium to large Idaho potatoes
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 slices smoky bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 500°F.
Parboil the potatoes for 4 minutes in a large pot over medium heat, or pierce with a fork and microwave for 6 minutes. When ready, cut into 8 wedges each and sprinkle with vinegar.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat; add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve.
Toss the potatoes in the bacon drippings and season them with sugar, salt and pepper. Scatter onto a baking sheet and roast, in the pre-heated oven, until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and toss with the parsley and the reserved bacon.