- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (about a handful)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives with pimentos
- 1/4 cup dry Marcona almonds, chopped, for garnish
In a medium size nonstick pot, bring the chicken stock, saffron, turmeric, raisins and butter up to a bubble. Add the rice to the pot, reduce the heat to low and cover.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice has absorbed the liquid, about 15 minutes. Remove the lid from the pot, raise the heat to medium and cook the rice until the bottom is light golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
Serve the rice garnished with Marcona almonds and olives.