- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened carob powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-2 ripe bananas (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Place all of the ingredients except the bananas and nuts in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
To serve, spoon some of the pudding into a bowl or glass. Thinly slice the banana and place several slices on top. Top with chopped nuts if desired.
In November of 2009, Ten Speed Press/Random House will publish my first cookbook, Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life, a collection of healthy, eco-conscious recipes, tips, and entertaining ideas.
For more info about me and my work, and for more healthy cooking tips, please visit my website, Lucidfood.com.