- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup homemade applesauce or store-bought unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine the oil, applesauce, salt, molasses, vanilla and evaporated cane juice. In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, flax meal, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and xanthan gum. Using a rupper spatula, carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until a grainy dough is formed.
Using a melon baller, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the portions 1 inch apart. Gently press each with the heel of your hand to help them spread. Bake the cookies on the center rack for 15 minutes, rotating the sheets 180 degrees after 9 minutes. The finished cookies will be crisy on the edges and soft in the center.
Let the cookies stand on the sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.