- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups shredded poached chicken or skinned rotisserie chicken
- 3 ribs celery from the heart, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped or grated
- A handful of butter lettuce leaves, torn or chopped
- 4 sprigs tarragon, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1 large Pullman-style white or whole wheat bread loaf, unsliced
In a bowl, combine the shallot, vinegar, mustard and honey. Whisk in the EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken, celery, carrot, lettuce and tarragon; toss.
Trim the ends off the loaf of bread, then slice the loaf into six 2-inch-thick slices. Using a serrated knife and starting at the top, cut a pocket into each bread slice. Fill the bread pockets with the chicken salad.