- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cans cannellini beans (15 ounces each can), drained
Heat the EVOO in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, rosemary and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the onions until sweet and soft, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste for 1 minute. Add the stock, then stir in the beans and reduce heat to low. Adjust seasoning and turn out into a serving bowl. Keep warm until ready to serve.