- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 rotisserie-style chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
- 4 crusty sandwich rolls, split
- 4 slices Swiss or monterey jack cheese
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Pre-heat the broiler. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and honey, then stir in the salsa and heat through. Mix in the crème fraîche. Stir in the chicken to coat.
Pile the chicken mixture on the roll bottoms. Top with the cheese and broil to melt. Set the roll tops in place and serve with the chips.