- 1 pound ground turkey or turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder (about 2/3 palmful)
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- About 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce (Chinese-style barbecue sauce), available in the Asian food aisle at the market
- 1/2 mango, peeled, pitted and finely diced
- 1/4 bell pepper, seeded and chopped into fine dice
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped into fine dice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small head of butter or Bibb lettuce
- 8 small brioche rolls, dinner rolls or packaged slider rolls, such as Pepperidge Farm brand
In a medium mixing bowl, add the turkey, five-spice powder, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and chives. Form eight 2-ounce slider-size patties, about 3 inches in diameter.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the vegetable oil. Add the sliders and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Once you turn the patties, baste them with the hoisin sauce.
While the burgers are cooking, combine the mango, red pepper, red onion, lime juice and honey and stir to combine.
To serve, place the burgers on the rolls and top with lettuce and mango relish.