- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 pound skirt steak, cut into bite-size pieces across the grain
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 store-bought pie crusts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the steak and cook until brown, 5-6 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is tender, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the skillet, cook about 1 minute, then add the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and peas. Cook until thickened and the peas have heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
While the mixture is cooling, unroll the pie crusts and cut them in half, so that you have four half moons. Divide the mixture between the four crusts, placing a mound on one side of each half moon, leaving a small border around the edge. Brush the edges of each crust with the egg wash and fold in half to enclose the filling. Press down to seal and crimp with a fork. Brush the tops of the dough with egg wash and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.