- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small onion or 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 leaves basil, torn or shredded
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 4 slices Italian bread or 4 pieces halved ciabatta, toasted
- Balsamic drizzle, homemade or store-bought
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons EVOO, about two turns of the pan.
While the pan is heating up, in a medium size mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with some salt and pepper and divide the meat into four portions. Shape each portion into a burger. Wash your hands after handling the raw meat.
Sauté each burger in the hot skillet until golden brown and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes per side.
When the burgers have finished cooking, remove them from the skillet and tent with foil to keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon EVOO to the pan along with the garlic and onion and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, then add the grape tomatoes and cook to soften, 2 minutes. Add the basil, then remove from the heat.
Serve each burger on toasted bread topped with the sauce. Drizzle with homemade or store-bought balsamic drizzle.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization,