- 1 cup Jasmine, basmati or Texmati rice
- 1 small bunch scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped and mashed into paste
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (a couple of handfuls)
- 2 rounded tablespoons curry powder (a couple of palmfuls)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth, plus an additional splash, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt
Prepare the rice, according to the package directions.
While the rice cooks, combine the scallions, ginger, garlic, chili pepper, cilantro, curry powder and a splash of the chicken broth in a small bowl and process into a paste.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the oil. Add the chicken to the pan and brown, 2-3 minutes. Add the spice paste and stir for 1 minute to combine. Add the peanut butter to the pan and whisk in the broth. Bring to a bubble and whisk in the yogurt; lower the heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Serve over the rice.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.