- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and buttered, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 rounded tablespoons marmalade
- 2 rounded tablespoons grainy mustard
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Splash of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 boxes green peas (10 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup cream or half-and-half
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 425˚F.
Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil; salt the water and cook the potatoes until tender.
Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Meanwhile, mix the meat with the bread, a splash of stock, egg, shallot, thyme and the marmalade combined with mustard, salt and pepper. Form six mini meatloaves and arrange them on the parchment paper. Cover with a drizzle of EVOO and roast until golden, 20 minutes or so.
For the gravy, in a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute, then whisk in a splash of orange juice, the Worcestershire sauce and 1 cup chicken stock. Thicken for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
To a second, larger skillet add the peas, a small splash of water and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Bring the peas to a boil, reduce out the water, 2-3 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium and sauté with the radishes for 2-3 minutes more. Add the chives and season with salt and pepper.
Drain the cooked sweet potatoes and return them to the hot pot. Mash the potatoes with a little stock and cream, then add the salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste.
Serve the meatloaves with gravy on top, and the sweet potatoes and peas with radishes alongside.