- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chunky style crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- A handful fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked to al dente
Set water on to boil for pasta and prepare according to package directions for al dente. Before coating chicken, add oil, onions and garlic to a saucepan to cook medium low heat. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes while you are working on the chicken. Add both cans of tomatoes and a cup of chicken broth and bring sauce to a bubble. Reduce heat to a simmer until ready to serve. Stir in torn basil and season sauce with salt, to your taste.
Place a little of the sauce on the chicken tenders, top with the shredded provolone and Parmigiano. Place in oven or broiler to melt the cheese and then serve. Coat the hot, cooked pasta lightly with sauce then serve.