- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1 fully-cooked rotisserie chicken, available at most grocery stores
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste (optional, but it tastes better with it in)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a few handfuls)
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (eyeball it)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Cut bottoms off the romaine and cut the heads in half lengthwise. Separate and wash the leaves. Let them dry in the dish rack while you prepare the rest of the dish.
Cut the breast meat off the chicken, then cut the legs and thighs off using kitchen scissors. Slice the chicken up on an angle and mix it with the diced tomatoes, cucumber and parsley and arrange on a plate.
Make the dressing: put mustard, garlic, lemon zest and juice, anchovy paste (if using), cheese, Worcestershire sauce and pepper into a blender. While blending, drizzle EVOO through center of the lid in an even stream. When EVOO is combined, remove dressing with a spatula into a bowl.
To assemble, mix the chicken salad with the dressing and fill each lettuce leaf with some of the chicken salad. Fold lettuce up around meat – like a lettuce taco – or use the lettuce as a utensil to scoop up the chicken salad.