- 1 1/2 pounds jalapeño and poblano peppers
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mustard, whatever variety you like
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Ranch Dipper (makes 1 1/2 cups):
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF. Set up three plates on the counter. In one, spread the flour, in the second, beat the eggs with the mustard and about 2 tablespoons of flour and in the third, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese and some salt and pepper.
Coat the peppers in the flour, then in the egg mixture and finally in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to make sure the coating sticks. Roast the peppers in the oven, turning halfway through baking until golden brown and crispy, about 18 minutes.
For the Ranch Dipper: In a medium size bowl, mix together the buttermilk, sour cream, white wine vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, parsley, dill and chives. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve the peppers immediately with the Ranch Dipper alongside.