- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- Freshly grated nutmeg (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons pimentos, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound whole or French cut frozen green beans
Pre-heat the oven to 350˚F.
Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook until tender, 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place them back into the hot pot. Mash with butter, milk or cream, honey, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
While the potatoes come to a boil, butterfly the chicken breasts so that they open up like a book. Pound them out to a quarter-inch thickness, then season with salt and pepper.
Combine the cream cheese with the pimentos, garlic and 1 teaspoon paprika, about 1/3 palmful. Combine the remaining 2 teaspoons paprika with the breadcrumbs on a dish and place dish near the stovetop. Spread a quarter of of cream cheese mixture on each piece of chicken. Roll the chicken pieces up and secure them with two toothpicks, then roll each piece in the breadcrumbs.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in an ovensafe skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken for a few minutes on each side, then transfer to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, until the juices run clear.
When the chicken is a few minutes away from coming out of oven, cook the frozen green beans in a little salted water or steam the fresh beans.
Serve the chicken sliced on an angle with the sweet potatoes and a few green beans alongside.