- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 5-6 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 2 cans tuna, drained and flaked (6 ounces each)
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1/4 cup chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, grated or chopped
- 4 English muffins, toasted and buttered
Pre-heat the broiler and place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
Heat the EVOO and butter in an ovensafe skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the shallots, potatoes, celery and garlic to the pan. Season with black pepper and sauté for 6-7 minutes, until tender. Add the tuna and stir to combine.
In a bowl, beat the eggs with the hot sauce and milk or half-and-half. Pour the eggs into the skillet and stir in the herbs. Let the eggs set and brown along the edges and on the bottom. Transfer to the oven and brown the top lightly, 5 minutes.
Top the fritatta with cheese and return to the broiler to melt, 1-2 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with buttered English muffins alongside.