- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- A few basil leaves, torn
- 1 loaf semolina bread, sliced
Heat about 2 tablespoons EVOO in a medium size skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, sauté for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Season with salt, to taste, and toss to coat in the EVOO. Cover the pan, raise the heat a bit and cook until the tomatoes burst, about 10-12 minutes. Remove the lid, squish any whole tomatoes with a wooden spoon and let the tomatoes thicken, about 1 minute. Stir in the parsley, adjust the seasonings and remove from the heat.
Heat the broiler and char the bread on both sides. Arrange the bread on a platter and top with the hot tomatoes. Garnish with torn basil leaves and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of EVOO before serving.