- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4-6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- A couple of bay leaves, fresh or dried
In a small pot, bring the vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil.
Combine the cucumber, radishes, onion and bay leaves in small, plastic food storage container with tight-fitting lid.
Pour the vinegar over the veggies and cover. Chill for a few hours, shaking occasionally, allowing for the flavors to combine.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.